Dolpo Trek : Dolpa is located inside the Shey-Phoksuno National Park of mid-western Nepal, behind the Dhaulagiri massif towards the Tibetan Plateau. Cut off by a series of very high passes closed by snow most of the year, Dolpa remains a truly isolated corner of Nepal. Time has stood still here for centuries as the inhabitants of Tibetan stock continue to live, cultivate and commerce the way they have done since time immemorial. In fact, as legend has it, since Guru Padmasmbhava, a disciple of Lord Buddha, created a refuge for his believers behind the rain barriers and out of reach of their persecutors. The finely preserved eco-system encompasses a wild and wonderful variety of plants and wildlife, including the blue sheep and the snow leopard. A trek through Dolpa is an experience not easily forgotten.
Kathmandu –Nepalganj(fly)or by drive.
Nepalganj – Juphal(Dolpa) by fly
JuPhal – Dunai
Dunai – Hanke check post.
Hanke – Reji
Reji – Ringmo ( shey – Phoksundo Lake
Shey - phoksundo Lake Rest
Shey – Phoksundo Lake – Baga La Base Camp.
Baga La Base Camp – Numla Base Camp
Numla Base Cvamp – Kakar Gompa
Kakar Gompa – Dho – Tarap
Dho – Tarap Rest
Dho Tarap – Big – Cave
Big – Cave – Lahini
Lahini – Tarakot
Tarakot – Heute Ghar
Heuta Ghar – Dunai
Dunai – Juphal
Juphal – Nepalgunj
NepalGunj – Kathmandu By fly or drive.
Check-list of personal equipment:
– Good standard trekking boots
– Camping shoes/thongs
– Down Jacket
– Trekking trousers
– Shorts (both casual and for treks)
– Swim wear
– Sun Hat
– Woollen Hat
– Nylon Windbreaker
– Strong Rucksack
– Sleeping Bag
– Water Bottle
– Torch/headlamp (with spare batteries)
– Toilet paper
– Sun block
– Travel Towel
– Medication (cough medicine, throat soothers, water purification tablets)
– Camera & lenses
– Memory cards
– GPS Tracking Units may be helpful
– Book/music player/pack of cards
– A plastic bag for waste
– Energy/snack bars
The following equipment are needed during the Climbing period: –
(Warm Down Jackets, Sleeping Bags, Warm Trousers, Koflach Shoes, Trekking Shoes and Sandals, Perfectly fitting Crampons, Gaiters, Ice Axe, Jumar, Ice Screw, Rock, Picton, Snow Bar, 2 locking Carabiners, Gloves, Sun Glasses, Head Light, Helmet, Rope, Stove, Harness, Figure -8, Gore – Tex Jackets)
- Airport pick up service/ Airport drop off service/Hotel pick up service/ hotel drop off service by a private vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in a hotel in Kathmandu,(breakfast included)
- Entry permits and fees for all temples, parks, monasteries, and cultural and historical sites.
- Nepal Himalayan trip’s bag and cap as gifts to you
- License holder English speaking tour guide.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, and medicine for guide and porter.
- Transportation by bus or Flight
- Sightseeing in a private vehicle in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- All government taxes, VAT, Tourist Service charges and official expenses.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel insurance, which covers emergency rescue and evacuation. (See Secure Insurance Page)
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal Entry Visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 15 days can be obtained by paying USD 25 orequivalent Nepalese currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days and 90 days can be obtained by paying USD 40 and USD 100
- respectively. Please bring 1 passport size photo).
- Tips for tour guide and driver(Tipping is expected).
- Any other expense, which is not mentioned in ‘Price Includes’ section.