Ghorepani trek is a wonderful opportunity to witness the beauty of the Annapurna region, offering the spectacular mountain scenery along with charming villages inhabited particularly by the Gurung & Magar, dense rhododendron forests full of birds and deep sub-tropical valleys, all set below the Annapurna with the picturesque peak of Machhapuchhare (Fishtail Peak) dominating the skyline. .. The trip starts just north of Pokhara city and winds through the Poon Hill area passing into the colorful Annapurna region.
The Poon Hill is one of the best points to catch the panoramic view of Himalayas; including Machhapuchhre, Annapurna, Nilgiri, Tilicho and Dhaulagiri.
Arrival in Kathmandu
Arrive in Kathmandu airport; you will be met by the staff from our agency then transfer to Hotel.
Sightseeing in Kathmandu
The following morning you will be taken on a half day sightseeing tour of the many temples and interesting Surrounding sights of Kathmandu.
Kathmandu - Pokhara
Transferred by tourist bus for about 6 -hour to Pokhara, a beautiful town set on the banks of the Phewa Lake. The rest of the day is yours to enjoy either doing last minute shopping for the trek or packing your kitty bag for the following day’s departure.
Pokhara - Birethanti – Ulleri 2070m
Drive an hour to Birethanti and stat trekking through the lush, green Modi river valley, past waterfalls with plunge pools. After crossing the bridge ascend steep staircase to Magar village of Ulleri where you will be rewarded with breathtaking views of the Annapurna South and Hiunchuli.
Ulleri - Ghorepani
A gentle climb through pasture and cultivated fields. As the trail climbs higher, you walk up beside the cascading river through refreshingly cool oak and rhododendron forest to Ghorepani (2840m.)
Ghorepani – Tadapani 2540m.
Early-morning climb to the Poonhill and enjoy sunrise over the peaks and magnificent mountain panoramic view. A short ascend to Deurali pass and further Tadapani through dense moss-covered forest rich with bird
Tadapani - Ghandrung 1940 6hrs trek.
Trail descends steeply through dense damp forest, where you may see monkeys, and continues down over a series of rock-cut steps that follow a leaping stream. Arrive in Ghandrung and explore the maze-like streets of this thriving Gurung settlement.
Ghandrung – Pothana 1600m 6hrs trek.
The trail descends to the Modi khola then ascends steeply to another Gurung village, Landrung. We then follow the hillside south to the Pothana. The mountain views are superb and far away to the south lies Fewa Tal (lake.)
Pothana - Phedi - Pokhara
An easy short walk along the Dhampus ridge then desend steeply to Phedi, and drive to Pokhara.
Pokhara – Kathmandu 6hrs drive
Early morning stqrt driving to kathmandu through beautiful country side scenery. Arrive in kathmnandu and transfer to hotel.
Free day in KAthmandu
Rest day at leisure or final souvenir shopping. Join the farewell dinner in the evening most probably with cultural program. Evening Join the farewell dinner with live Nepali cultural program hosted by the company.
Departure to Airport
If you have time and are interested for other adventure like white water rating, wild life safari or any other activities can extend your holiday or transfer to airport and fly back to sweet home.
Check-list of personal equipment:
– Good standard trekking boots
– Camping shoes/thongs
– Down Jacket
– Trekking trousers
– Shorts (both casual and for treks)
– Swim wear
– Sun Hat
– Woollen Hat
– Nylon Windbreaker
– Strong Rucksack
– Sleeping Bag
– Water Bottle
– Torch/headlamp (with spare batteries)
– Toilet paper
– Sun block
– Travel Towel
– Medication (cough medicine, throat soothers, water purification tablets)
– Camera & lenses
– Memory cards
– GPS Tracking Units may be helpful
– Book/music player/pack of cards
– A plastic bag for waste
– Energy/snack bars
The following equipment are needed during the Climbing period: –
(Warm Down Jackets, Sleeping Bags, Warm Trousers, Koflach Shoes, Trekking Shoes and Sandals, Perfectly fitting Crampons, Gaiters, Ice Axe, Jumar, Ice Screw, Rock, Picton, Snow Bar, 2 locking Carabiners, Gloves, Sun Glasses, Head Light, Helmet, Rope, Stove, Harness, Figure -8, Gore – Tex Jackets)
1. Arrival/departure transfers
2. 4 night 2-3 star category hotels with breakfast in Kathmandu.
3. Sightseeing tours by private vehicle with tour guide, entrance fees
4. Lodge accommodations and all meals during the trek.
5. Cost for a first Aid and Eco trained English speaking guide and Porter
6. Emergency rescue arrangements, medical kit bag
7. All necessary paper works and trekking /entry permits
8. All government and local taxes where applicable.
9. Welcome or farewell dinner
1. International airfare and Nepal visa fee
2. Lunch / dinner in Kathmandu
3. Emergency rescue and medical expenses
4. Personal expenses e.g. phone calls, laundry, bar bills personal porters
5. Tips for the trekking crew
6. Other optional trips/activities and sightseeing if required