Panch Pokhari Trek
Fairly easy but quite high reaching trek to the sacred lakes named after 5 holy ponds and Hindus religiously respect the place. Panch Pokhari is situated northeast of kathmandu. The route follows a ridge trails most of the way, giving a fairly steady rise in altitude over a relatively short period.
The Himalayan view and pristine nature and areas culture is the main attraction of the trek. The trek begins with a bus ride from kathmandu and up through the hills brings us at the trek starting point called Chautara. Our trekking adventure starts from here and we spend the first night nearby small village in open ground.
The trek gives a chance to observe the lifestyle, culture and contact with the Himalayan people in the villages, passing through the dense forests meadows. Finally we reach the top of the Panch Pokharari offing an excellent view of Rolwaling, Jugal Himal range and Dorje Lakpa. From here we descend to Melamchipul and drive back to Kathmandu.
Wel-come to Kathmandu 1300m
Arrive at Tribhuvan International airport in kathmandu. Meet our representative then wel-come and transfer to hotel.
Visit the sights including temples, stupas, secret site, architecture and cultural things of Kathmandu valley with a tour guide. Over night stay at hotel.
Drive to Chautara for about 5 hrs and camp near by village in an open ground at1446m.
Trek to Okharane 6hrs. camp at 1970m.
Trek to kami Kharka 5hrs. camp at 2810m.
Trek to Pauwa bas 6hrs. camp at 3010m
Trek to Bhanjyang 7hrs. camp at 3400m.
Trek to Narsing pati 6hrs. camp at 3690m
Trek to Panch Pokhari 5hrs. camp at 4100m.
Trek to Tupi Danda 6hrs. camp at 2360m.
Trek to Dhap 6hrs. camp at 1245m
Trek to Melamchi Pul 6hrs, trek camp at 800m.
Drive back to kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Drive back to Kathmandu by a tourist bus. Stay over night at hotel.
A free day for your own activities and evening enjoy farewell dinner with live cultural program at one of typical Nepalese restaurant hosted by the company.
Departure from Kathmandu / extend your holiday for other adventure activities like Himalayan white water rafting, Bunjy Jump, wild-life safari tours etc.
Check-list of personal equipment:
– Good standard trekking boots
– Camping shoes/thongs
– Down Jacket
– Trekking trousers
– Shorts (both casual and for treks)
– Swim wear
– Sun Hat
– Woollen Hat
– Nylon Windbreaker
– Strong Rucksack
– Sleeping Bag
– Water Bottle
– Torch/headlamp (with spare batteries)
– Toilet paper
– Sun block
– Travel Towel
– Medication (cough medicine, throat soothers, water purification tablets)
– Camera & lenses
– Memory cards
– GPS Tracking Units may be helpful
– Book/music player/pack of cards
– A plastic bag for waste
– Energy/snack bars
The following equipment are needed during the Climbing period: –
(Warm Down Jackets, Sleeping Bags, Warm Trousers, Koflach Shoes, Trekking Shoes and Sandals, Perfectly fitting Crampons, Gaiters, Ice Axe, Jumar, Ice Screw, Rock, Picton, Snow Bar, 2 locking Carabiners, Gloves, Sun Glasses, Head Light, Helmet, Rope, Stove, Harness, Figure -8, Gore – Tex Jackets)
– We try to make free of tension our clients from arranging the necessary things and include as much as possible while in Nepal and let them just to enjoy the holiday.
– Arrival/departure transfers
– 2-3 star category hotel with breakfast in Kathmandu/Pokhara
– Guided city tour by private vehicles and entrance fees
– Equipment: Trekking tents, Dining tent, Kitchen Tent, Toilet Tent, Table and chairs, – Mattresses during the trekking.
– Meals during the trekking (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
– First Aid and Eco trained English speaking Guide and Cook, Sherpa, Kitchen helper & necessary porters
– Insurance, food & daily allowance of the trek staffs
– Ground transportation as per the itinerary
– All necessary paper works, permits and other logistic work
– Travel & Rescue arrangements support
– All government and local taxes.
– Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
– Welcome or farewell dinner
Trip cost excludes:
– Entry visa fees and International airfare
– Lunch / dinner in Kathmandu/Pokhara.
– Personal equipment and gears during the trek
– Personal expenses e.g. phone calls, laundry, bar bills & extra porters
– Travel/medical and rescue insurance
– Optional trips and sightseeing if extend
– Tips for guides and other staffs.
Travel Insurance: –
Travel Insurance is mandatory for all clients who choose to trek or climb with us. The insurance should cover you in case of emergencies like accidents, altitude sickness and ambulance and helicopter rescue charges if required. Please carry a copy of your insurance papers while travelling in Nepal and do send us a copy as well. This will help us in making all the necessary arrangements in case of any sort of emergencies.