Tilicho Lake Trek
Tilicho Lake is one of those places that have had next to mythic connotations. Many regard it as the highest lake in the world (5200m). It was for long almost totally closed save for a few climbers and expeditions, and since 1974, when Nixon changed the China policy, part of the area above Thini on the Jomosom side became a very off-limits military area. From the Manang side it was rarely if ever visited. The trekking path to Tilicho was “a figment of some ones fantasy” and the locals in Manang had little knowledge of the route too, and were often thought to be slightly unfriendly, as they were known for not being particularly keen on working as human beasts of burden for various expeditions that had passed. When asked to porter they had simply refused! Manang is no ordinary village. Its people are heavily involved in international trade, due to passport privileges granted in the past.
The route goes along the Marshangdi River and Gorge through the remote valley of Manang also known as the district behind the Mountains, to crest the arid, windswept northern flank of Annapurna at the Thorong-La. The route then passes through the Khanshar Village (The Last Village of Nepal). The trail goes through the must challenging pass “Moeso Kanta Pass” of Annapurna area to Jomson.
Drive from KTM to Besi Sahar and trek to Khudi, overnight in Lodge Simple in overnight Khudi, to trek and Sahar Besi KTM from
Trekking from Khudi to Bahundanda and stay in simple Lodge
Trekking from Bhaundanda to Chamje and stay in Lodge
Trekking from Chamje to Darapani and there
Trekking to Darapani to Chame and stay in simple Lodge
Trekking to Chame and stay in simple Lodge
Trekking to Pisang and stay in simple Lodge
Trekking to Manang and stay in simple Lodge
Rest day at Manang for acclimatization
Trekking to Khangsar and stay in simple lodge
Trekking to Tilicho Base Camp and stay in simple Lodge
Early morning trek to Tilicho Lake and back to TBC. and stay there
Trekking to Manang and overnight in Lodge
Trekking to Hungde at airport and stay there(Or trekking continues to Round Annapurna own who likes to do it)
Fly from Hungde to Pokhara and free time. Over night in Hotel at Lake side
Drive/Fly from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
- Airport pick up service/ Airport drop off service/Hotel pick up service/ hotel drop off service by a private vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in a hotel in Kathmandu, Pokhara, and Lumbini (breakfast included)
- Two nights/three days accommodation in Chitwan with full board meal (breakfast, lunch and dinner) as well as all jungle activities in the national park.
- Entry permits and fees for all temples, parks, monasteries, and cultural and historical sites.
- Nepal Himalayan trip’s bag and cap as gifts to you
- License holder English speaking tour guide.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, and medicine for guide and driver.
- Tourist bus from Kathmandu to Pokhara
- Private Transportation from Pokhara to Lumbini
- Private Transportataion from Lumbini to Chitwan
- Tourist bus from Chitwan to Kathmandu
- Sightseeing in a private vehicle in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- All government taxes, VAT, Tourist Service charges and official expenses.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu (costs roughly USD 10 to USD 15 per person per day)
- Travel insurance, which covers emergency rescue and evacuation. (See Secure Insurance Page)
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal Entry Visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 15 days can be obtained by paying USD 25 or
equivalent Nepalese currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days and 90 days can be obtained by paying USD 40 and USD 100
- respectively. Please bring 1 passport size photo).
- Tips for tour guide and driver(Tipping is expected).
- Any other expense, which is not mentioned in ‘Price Includes’ section.
Travel Insurance: –
Travel Insurance is mandatory for all clients who choose to trek or climb with us. The insurance should cover you in case of emergencies like accidents, altitude sickness and ambulance and helicopter rescue charges if required. Please carry a copy of your insurance papers while travelling in Nepal and do send us a copy as well. This will help us in making all the necessary arrangements in case of any sort of emergencies.